Upgrading Toucam Pro Firmware
The following instructions guide you through the process of upgrading your Philips Toucam Pro (740) to be a SPC900NC
1) Install the existing drivers and video capture software for the Toucam Pro (I found that K3CCDTools seems to work well although other video capture software should work as well).
2) Install the WcRmac software by unzipping the attached file and executing the binary installation file.
file to the following directory (assuming that your version of windows
is running on the C: drive)
4) Connect your webcam to the USB port and launch the video capturing s/w (eg, K3CCDTools).
5) Open a video capture window on your capture program
6) Launch the WcRmac application
7) Click on WebCam on the menu bar and select DS Interface.
8) Select the Webcam you want to upgrade from the window & press the connect button.
9) Click on the Binaries Tab in the main window
10) Create a backup of your webcam’s existing firmware by clicking on the Get current and Save as… button and entering a relevant filename. The backup process should only take 1-2 seconds to complete.
11) Tick the OK - I take full responsibility using this program check box in the yellow section of the main window.
12) Select the SPC900NC file in the Binaries window and click on the Load into cam button. You should see the status bar at the bottom of the window indicating the load status. This takes about 20 – 30 seconds to complete.
13) Once complete, close WcRmac and disconnect your Webcam
14) Install the attached SPC900NC drivers and reboot your PC
15) Reconnect the Webcam
All going well, your Toucam Pro should now be recognized as an SPC900NC!